Below is our May 28th update for Mountain Camp Woodside families. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to the office at email@example.com or at 650-576-2267 with any questions.
We are deeply saddened to share with you that we have closed the first half of our 2020 summer. As of May 28, 2020, we officially cancelled the following Day and Resident Camp sessions.
- Session One (June 14th – 20th)
- Session Two (June 21st – 27th)
- Session Three (June 28th – July 4th)
We have not made the official decision to close sessions 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 but we will likely make that announcement in the coming weeks. We will not be enrolling cancelled campers into later sessions, but if we are able to operate we will notify you and give cancelled campers priority over new families.
Options Moving Forward
To our FAMILIES WHO ENROLLED in Session 1, 2 and 3 – We fully share the disappointment with you and are beyond grateful for your patience and support through the recent weeks. We have outlined the following options for your paid tuition this summer and ask that you please complete this form to let us know your decision: Mountain Camp Woodside Cancellation Form (fill out one form per family):
- Option 1 – Put Full Tuition Funds on Account – Place your full tuition on account for future use and receive an additional $200 credit per camper. This amount is fully transferable to friends or family and the funds do not expire.
- Option 2 – Receive a Partial Refund – Mountain Camp Woodside will give you an immediate refund, excluding the Day or Resident camp deposit per enrolled session, which will remain on your account with no expiration date. You have the option to put any amount of your tuition greater than the deposit on account with no expiration date, the remainder will be immediately refunded.
- Option 3 – Make a Donation to Camp – Any part of your tuition and deposit can be donated to help us sustain our program. We are grateful for your support.
- Option 4 – Late Summer Refund – Mountain Camp Woodside will be giving refunds in September less a 15% (not to exceed $300 per camper) administrative staffing fee.
To our FAMILIES ENROLLED in Session 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 – We thank you for your patience at this time. We will spend our next couple of weeks processing cancellations and refunds for sessions 1-3. Though our chances of operating at any point this summer are unlikely, we will need to wait a few weeks before making announcements to our remaining sessions. If you would like to cancel your session now, you can complete the form here: Mountain Camp Woodside Cancellation Form.
Getting to this Decision
To our ENTIRE COMMUNITY – staff, campers, parents, friends and family, thank you so much for your kindness, support and understanding over the past many weeks. We have tried, fought and came up with a dozen or so program ideas on how to run this summer but none of them had a path forward that would allow us to operate safely for everyone. Leading up to our decision to cancel sessions was spent considering these factors.
- Information and data surrounding Covid-19
- Potential adaptations to our program and site
- Guidelines from the CDC, EHE, and American Camp Association
- Our ability to comply with proposed guidelines
- Our program philosophy and mission
- Approval to operate (or lack thereof) from state and local government
- Physical and emotional safety of our campers and staff
Mountain Camp Woodside is in many ways the opposite of social distancing. We build community through collaboration, shared experiences and supporting one another. For us, that looks like campers and staff, side by side, caring for each other, learning from one another, laughing, playing, hugging, creating, growing, huddled around the campfire, singing, making crafts, and connecting with each other. Although the opportunity to create our camp experience is unavailable to us at this time, as will likely be the fate of our entire summer, we are committed to lifelong learning and adapting to change. We will be setting our intention and attention on the future of our program and longing for the next time we can all be together at MCW.